01 09 10

Friday, July 8, 2011

I LOVE the Friday Five

Friday came quick this week! I LOVE 4 day work weeks. Here are your Friday Five to get you through the weekend. Fall in LOVE with as many things as possible this weekend!

1. JennDubMeend aka Mini-Me aka one of my best friends, Jenn - HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope today is full of the things you LOVE most.





2. Allison's Chocolate Chip Cake - This is delicious. My friend Allison made this last weekend and I fell in LOVE with it. It is definitely a must-try. Thank you for the recipe, AlliMay!


I failed to take a picture of her cake but this one is very similar. Thank you google images.

1 box Yellow cake
1 box vanilla pudding
1/2 German chocolate bar shredded
1/2 c water
1/2 c vegetable oil
4 eggs
8oz sour cream
6oz mini chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350. Add all ingredients except chocolate chips together and mix on medium speed for 3-5 minutes. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour batter into a bunt cake pan sprayed thoroughly with Pam. Bake for 40-50 minutes. Do the clean knife test to see if it's done.



3. Ikat - This is a fashion trend that I have seen everywhere lately from clothes to bedding. I LOVE it.
Dictionary.com describes Ikat as a method of creating patterns in fabric by tie-dyeing the yarn before weaving. Here are a few examples below:

                            
Forever21 Ikat Print Dress 


    
 Forever21 Ikat Maxi Dress


Diamond Ikat Square Pillow in Citrine                                            
Diamond Ikat Square Pillow in Citrine - Amazon




Wakeful Ikat Sheet Set - Anthropologie



4. Total Effects Night Firming Cream - This nightly moisturizer firms skin appearance and provides 7 anti aging benefits in 1 product all while you sleep. (olay.com) I LOVE this product. I put it on at night after I wash my face and immediately my skin looks healthier. It doesn't make my skin oily and my skin looks fresh in the morning. Plus, it fights 7 signs of aging and I figured I better start now because it'll help my skin look younger for longer.
Moisturizes with a complex of vitamins, antioxidants and wheat protein for skin that looks visibly firmer and younger-looking every morning




5. I LOVE these 10 ways to LOVE (beriablogs.com). The scripture references that you can't read are at the bottom:

Wise words
References:
Listen: Prov 18:24
Speak: Jam 1:19
Give: Prov 21:26
Pray: Col 1:9
Answer: Prov 17:1
Share: Eph 4:15
Enjoy: Phil 2:14
Trust: 1 Cor 13:7
Forgive: Col 3:13
Promise: Prov 13:12


What have you fallen in LOVE with today?
LOVE, sje

2 comments:

  1. i LOVE the 10 Ways to Love - that is just perfect. and i LOVE you. thanks SJE! i think your friday fives are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My posts are showing up!!! Love you and love to hear your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete

Did you fall in love with this too? Let me know!