01 09 10

Thursday, July 21, 2011

I LOVE Real Food


I want to start out by saying, no, I am not a "foodie". In fact, I am far from it. I am a girl who LOVES to eat (and will eat most anything). As we all know, food is delicious and something everybody needs. I've always tried to watch what I eat but will allow myself to splurge every once in a while. No one should go through life without eating dessert!

With that being said...

This past weekend I was talking to my sister-in-law about eating "real food" and I became very intrigued. Yes, I have heard how bad most food is before but never caught on to the "organic/real food" idea. I even watched the movie Food, Inc and thought, "That is gross but I am still going to eat the same way I always have." For some reason, my entire mindset changed this past weekend.  My sister-in-law told me to look at the blog, http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/, to learn about the health benefits of eating real food. The blog teaches you to read the ingredients before you buy. It also teaches you that you don't have to cut out bread, meat, sweets, etc out of your diet you just need to use natural ingredients instead of processed ingredients.  Meals will take more time and preparation but your health will thank you for it in the long run. There are recipes on the blog that look delicious and easy to create. I went to the grocery store and was shocked to find out that the "healthy" food I was buying before is packed full with chemicals and preservatives.

I decided to try out the 100 days of real food. Honestly, I have been surprisingly impressed by how tasty real food is. I always thought raw food would taste bland but was surprised how natural sweeteners actually add flavor and taste really good. It is also very filling because you eat until you are full. You aren't worried about how much you eat or how many calories you are allowed. You eat until your body tells you it is full. Your body then digests the food naturally and you have more energy and less weighing you down. I am going to try to make this a lifestyle change not just something I do for 100 days. I'm not going to lie, some processed food will eventually find its way back into my diet but it won't be something I let happen all the time. I'll always have a Cold Stone Ice Cream cake on my birthday - that will never change!

  Read about real food on the blog, http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/ and see if it sparks any interest. Even if it is a gradual change it will be a change for the better.


 I also found this blog, http://thestonesoup.com/blog/, which I am very excited to read and try out some of her recipes. If you subscribe to her blog by email she rewards you with her free eCookbooks. Everything looks so yummy!

Again, I am not a foodie or someone who is obsessed with what I can or can not eat. I am someone who enjoys eating good food and am excited to learn how to make my favorite foods healthier. Please feel free to share any real food recipes with me that you know are delicious!

What have you fallen in LOVE with today?
LOVE, sje

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you fall in love with this too? Let me know!