01 09 10

Friday, August 12, 2011

I LOVE the Friday Five

Is it just me or did this week seem to drag? Thank goodness it is finally Friday!

Here are your Friday Five:

1. I LOVE Lauren Alaina. I confess that I did not watch American Idol and I had no idea who Lauren Alaina was until about 2 minutes ago when I googled her new song. I heard her song, "Like my mother does" on the radio last week and fell in LOVE with it. I heard it twice this morning and immediately knew that I had to put it on my Friday Five. A mother/daughter bond is a special bond that is indescribable. A daughter looks up to her mother even when she won't admit it. I thank God everyday for blessing me with my wonderful mother.






2. The other night we went to Hyman's to eat dinner. This is a very well known seafood restaurant in Charleston and I LOVED it. On the table there were a few cards with different sayings on them. The one I picked up was titled "40 Promises for Marriage" and since I am at the age where many of my friends are getting married, I wanted to share these true words with all of you.

40 Promises for Marriage
1. Start each day with a kiss. 
2. Wear your wedding day at all times.
3. Date once a week.
4. Accept differences.
5. Be polite.
6. Give gifts.
7. Smile often.
8. Touch.
9. Give back rubs.
10. Laugh often.
11. Send a card for no reason.
12. Do what the other person wants before he or she asks.
13. Listen.
14. Encourage.
15. Know his or her needs.
16. Fix the other persons breakfast.
17. Compliment twice a day.
18. Call during the day.
19. Slow down.
20. Hold hands.
21. Cuddle
22. Ask for other's opinion.
23. Show respect.
24. Look your best.
25. Celebrate birthdays in a big way.
26. Apologize.
27. Forgive.
28. Set up a romantic getaway.
29. Be positive.
30. Be kind.
31. Be vulnerable.
32. Respond quickly to the other person's request.
33. Reminisce about your favorite times together.
34. Treat each others friends and relatives with courtesy.
35. Send flowers every Valentine's Day and Anniversary.
36. Admit when wrong.
37. Be sensitive to each others desires.
38. Pray for each other daily.
39. Say "I love you" frequently.
40. Seek outside help when needed.



3. I LOVE the Lost Dog Cafe. We already have plans to go to the Lost Dog Cafe for brunch tomorrow. It is located on Folly Beach and has the typical Folly atmosphere. On top of it being a fun place, the food is delicious. There is indoor and outdoor seating. The outdoor seating allows dogs so Tucker gets to join us which is always a nice surprise for him. Don't miss out on this awesome restaurant the next time you come to Folly!



4. I LOVE this outfit from Forever21. I am a tank top & jeans kind of girl so immediately I feel in LOVE with this outfit. It's laid back and girly. I really LOVE the floral shoes!



5. I LOVE Romans 5:8, "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."


Have a great weekend! What have you fallen in LOVE with today?
LOVE, sje

1 comment:

  1. Your mother loves you and is soooooooo proud of you!

    ReplyDelete

Did you fall in love with this too? Let me know!