01 09 10

Thursday, October 13, 2011

I LOVE Bobby Pins


In my opinion, bobby pins are one of the greatest inventions for hair. Some hairstyles would not be possible to create without these handy little pins. You can use them on short hair, long hair, thin hair, or thick hair. I use them almost everyday. I pin back my bangs and use them to hold twists or braids. I LOVE them.

Did you know?

The bobby pin will hold your hair tighter and more secure if you place the jagged side of the pin facing your scalp and the straight side facing out? Basically, put the pin in your hair opposite of how you usually do it. It's true. Try it.
Now that you know this tip, your hair will stay in place and you won't see that ugly bobby pin tip sticking up out of your hair.

Did you know?

If you wear a bobby pin that is lighter or darker than your hair color it can ruin your entire hairstyle? It will. I promise. That will be the first thing people notice. If you have light hair - wear the tan/gold bobby pins. If you have dark hair - wear the black bobby pins. If you have something in between - wear the color that is closest to your hair color.
Bobby pins can also be worn as a hair accessory. When doing this you can forget the rules that I just stated because you want them to been seen unlike before. If you wear bobby pins all the time like I do then don't be afraid to put some glitz and glam into your hair. Have fun with them! Here are some of my favorite ways to dress up a bobby pin:




Gravity Goes Hairpins


Pearl 2 1/4" Bobby Pins

What have you fallen in LOVE with today?
LOVE, sje

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you fall in love with this too? Let me know!