01 09 10

Thursday, October 20, 2011

I LOVE the Friday Five (a day early)

I am writing the Friday Five a day early because this weekend is going to be a busy one. Michael and I are headed up the mountain to the beautiful high country, Boone, NC for Appalachian State's homecoming weekend. This weekend is going to be filled with friends, family, cool mountain air, and football. I can't wait!

Here are your Friday Five (a day early):

1. I LOVE Jessika. Before I transferred to Appalachian State I attended a small college, Pfeiffer University. Where is that? In the village of Misenheimer. Yes...a village. It is about 45 minutes outside of Charlotte. I met Jessika at Pfeiffer and once we became friends, we were inseparable. We have shared many laughs and tears together. No matter how long we go without seeing each other she is one of those people who will always hold a special place in my heart. Jessika is getting married this weekend and I am so sad I can't be there to help her celebrate. I know she will make a beautiful bride and will be an amazing wife to Jason. Take in and enjoy every moment because this weekend will fly by. Best wishes to the future Mr. & Mrs. Conboy!







2. I LOVE Boone. In my opinion, Boone is one of the most beautiful places in NC. I LOVE Boone for many reasons including: it's where I met my husband, it's where I met my closest friends, it's where I graduated college, it's where my in-laws live; it's where we celebrate holidays; it has the most beautiful leaves in the fall and the most beautiful snowfall in the winter; summer's in Boone are the perfect temperature; the people are kind and will be there for you no matter what; I LOVE Boone. To me, home is where my family is so when I go to Florida or to Boone, I am home. There's no place like home, right?

*photo taken from Appalachians website*




3. I LOVE Quaker Oats Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin Cookies. Oatmeal Raisin is typically not my favorite type of cookie, although, these are delicious! I noticed that the lid on my Quaker Oats had an oatmeal raisin cookie recipe on it and I decided to try it out. They turned out amazing and everyone who has tried them has LOVED them. Use All-Natural ingredients for a less guilty cookie. Enjoy!

Ingredients
  • 1/2  cup (1 stick) plus 6 tablespoons butter, softened
  • 3/4  cup firmly packed brown sugar
  • 1/2  cup granulated sugar
  • 2  eggs
  • 1  teaspoon vanilla
  • 1-1/2  cups all-purpose flour
  • 1  teaspoon baking soda
  • 1  teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2  teaspoon salt (optional)
  • 3  cups Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
  • 1  cup raisins
Preparation
  • Heat oven to 350°F.
  • In large bowl, beat butter and sugars on medium speed of electric mixer until creamy.
  • Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
  • Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Add oats and raisins; mix well.
  • Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
  • Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown.
  • Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.



4. I LOVE off-the-shoulder tops. I LOVE the sassy yet comfortable style of this look. I think this style is perfect for fall weather. What do you think of this look?
Pinned Image

Here are some of my favorites:
off the shoulder tops-off the shoulder top

off the shoulder tops-off shoulder mod collar silk top

off the shoulder tops-offtheshoulder tunic




5. I LOVE that God always answers our prayers. All we have to do is trust in Him and have faith in His plan for our lives.
None of them are no :) trust



What have you fallen in LOVE with today? Have a great weekend and I hope you all enjoy the cooler weather!
LOVE, sje

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you fall in love with this too? Let me know!