01 09 10

Friday, December 9, 2011

I LOVE the Friday Five

It is finally Friday! The weather has cooled off and I LOVE that it is finally feeling like December. After Thanksgiving, Michael and I try to watch as many of our favorite Christmas movies as we can (multiple times). Tonight, I am looking forward to going home, putting on my pjs, and watching a good movie. With that being said I thought I would give you my top 5 favorite Christmas movies.

Starting at #5 and ending with #1:


#5. A Christmas Story. Michael will completely disagree with this one. He would put A Christmas Story at number 1. This is a classic that must be watched on Christmas Eve when TBS plays it for 24 hours. We make sure we don't watch this movie any other time before Christmas and we won't buy it. It would ruin the tradition.





#4. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. This movie is also a classic. It is simply hilarious. No matter how many times you have seen this movie, it never gets old. I can honestly say that I have never heard of someone disliking this movie. We've already watched it once and am sure we'll watch it again.

 




#3. Four Christmases. This movie came out in 2008 and I have LOVED it ever since. Reese Witherspoon and Vince Vaughn make the perfect pair in this movie. I literally laugh out loud during the entire movie. This movie will be played many times in our home.





#2. Home Alone 2, Lost in New York. I rarely like the second movie better than the first one but in this case, Home Alone 2 is better. I don't know if it is because the movie is based in New York or if Kevin's new confidence makes it better. Maybe it's because one of my favorite movie lines is in this movie. Remember when Kevin is in the Plaza ordering lots of room service and the gentleman asks him if he wants another scoop of ice cream and Kevin replies, "Sure, I'm not driving." - gets me every time! Michael and I will quote that line to each other throughout the entire year. We bought these movies this year because they are movies that we will always enjoy.





#1. Elf. This movie beats all other Christmas movies. I LOVE to watch Elf. This was the first Christmas movie we watched this year and we have seen it at least 5 times already. Last weekend, we watched it Friday night and Saturday morning. We own this movie so I am sure we'll watch it many more times before Christmas. I do remember that I blogged about it last Friday but that just goes to show how much I love this movie.



What Christmas movies do you LOVE and have to watch each year?
LOVE, sje

1 comment:

  1. I love you! The "generation gap" will definitely be evident when I give you my favorite 5 movies!! #1 "It's a wonderful life"; #2 "White Christmas" - the original with Bing Crosby & Danny Kaye!; #3 "Miracle on 34th Street"; #4 Home Alone - my greatest fear...losing one of my boys!; #5 Christmas Vacation - I bet the Eller's could make a movie that could be just as funny!!
    Love & Prayers,
    Your MIL xxoo

    ReplyDelete

Did you fall in love with this too? Let me know!