01 09 10

Thursday, December 8, 2011

I LOVE Ranch Kettle Chip Crusted Chicken

Yesterday, I was trying to come up with something new and easy to make for dinner. I wasn't craving anything in particular which made it even harder to decide what to make. So, what did I do? I turned to the Food & Drink section on Pinterest. Not only did I decide that I wanted to make everything that I saw, I found what I wanted to make for dinner - Ranch Kettle Chip Crusted Chicken.

The pinner pinned it from the blog, My Life as a Mrs. and the original recipe called for the Jalapeno Kettle chips. I LOVE the Kettle Brand potato chips. The Salt & Pepper flavor and Ranch flavor are my favorite. I am not a fan of Jalapeno so I thought the Ranch flavor would substitute perfectly. My husband LOVES anything ranch so I knew it would sound good to him as well. The recipe takes about 45 minutes total and is very easy to make. We paired the chicken with mashed potatoes and green beans. It turned out to be one of the best new recipes that I have tried in a while. We LOVED the Ranch Kettle Chip Crusted Chicken.

Thank you My Life as a Mrs. for this appetite inducing picture along with a delicious recipe! Click on the link for her original Jalapeno Kettle Chip Crusted Chicken recipe or see below for my Ranch Kettle Chip Crusted Chicken recipe.


Ranch Kettle Chip Crusted Chicken
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25-35 minutes
Total Time: 35-45 minutes

Ingredients
4 chicken breasts (about 1 3/4 - 2 pounds total)
1 bag Ranch Kettle Chips, crushed
1 cup low fat buttermilk
1 teaspoon salt
1 package of Ranch seasoning

Directions
Preheat oven to 375ยบ. Spray a baking sheet with non-cooking spray. In a bowl, whisk together buttermilk, salt, and ½ package of Ranch seasoning. Pound out chicken breasts to roughly 1/2" thickness and add to buttermilk mixture (toss to coat well).

Place crushed Kettle chips in a shallow baking dish. Pull one piece of chicken at a time out of the buttermilk and gently shake to remove some of the excess. Dip into the chips and coat thoroughly on both sides. Place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat until all chicken breast are thoroughly coated. Sprinkle the remaining ranch seasoning on top of each piece of chicken.

Place into oven and bake for 25-35 minutes, until cooked through (cooking times vary based on chicken thickness and actual oven temperature).



What have you fallen in LOVE with today?
LOVE, sje

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you fall in love with this too? Let me know!