01 09 10

Monday, January 23, 2012

I LOVE Michael's BBQ Pulled Pork

I am blessed with a husband who enjoys cooking and is very good at it. He can throw ingredients together that create a delicious dish. Michael makes the absolute, no doubt about it, hands down best pork. I LOVE it. I have never, ever, tasted pork as good as his. I'm not just saying that because he is my husband...promise! I can't tell you how he makes it because I have no idea. I know he slow cooks it in the crock pot and throws in a number of different herbs and spices. The final product will delight any taste bud. It is simply delicious.

Last night, we made BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders. We topped them off with a touch of BBQ sauce and homemade coleslaw. For the coleslaw, I searched many different recipes and mixed a few together to fit what I had in my pantry and what Michael and I liked. If you like vinegar based coleslaw - try this recipe. You won't be disappointed!

Apple Cider Vinegar Coleslaw
1 package of Trader Joe's Broccoli Slaw
1 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar
1 cup Sugar in the Raw
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup of Olive Oil
1 tomato, cut into chunks

Pour the Trader Joe's Broccoli Slaw into a large mixing bowl. In a saucepan, mix the remaining ingredients, except tomato, over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil then let simmer while stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Pour the cider mixture over the Broccoli Slaw and mix together until the slaw is completely soaked in vinegar. Mix in the chunks of tomato. Cover and put in the refrigerator about an hour (or more) before serving. Enjoy!

Michael's BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders with Apple Cider Vinegar Coleslaw

What dish did you LOVE this weekend?
LOVE, sje

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you fall in love with this too? Let me know!