01 09 10

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

I LOVE motivation


Pinned Image
Unfortunately, so true!

Here in Charleston, spring and summer are considered "beach season." On the weekends, I am in a bathing suit more than any other type of clothing which means I need to make sure I am healthy and fit. I also want to look my best in this year's spring trends. That being said, March is the month that I need increase the intensity of my workouts which calls for some major motivation! I know hope I am not the only one who needs an extra push out of the door.


Working out isn't my favorite thing to do so I LOVE any motivation to get me off my butt! Below are some motivators that have tremendously helped me and will hopefully motivate you (if you need it).

  • Prayer. I'm not kidding...it works. Before I go to bed, I put on my workout clothes, set my alarm and have prayer time. During this time, I ask the Lord to help me sleep through the night so that I will be able to easily wake up when my alarm goes off and that He will pull me out of bed. Some mornings, I know it is the Lord moving my legs because I wouldn't have done it on my own! Try it, God will say yes to good health.
1 Samuel 25:6
Say to him: ‘Long life to you! Good health to you and your household! And good health to all that is yours!

  • Meeting a friend (thanks Hillary!). On Tuesdays, my motivation to take a 5:45am spin class is because I know my friend/coworker is meeting me there. She is a mother of two children under the age of 2 and she always gets there before me. Plus, if I don't go, she can confront me face-to-face just a few hours later and my only excuse will be that I was to tired to wake up. Spin will wake me up, for sure!

  • Pinterest. You laugh, but it works. I constantly think about some of the quotes (you know I LOVE them) that are on there and they push me to go to the gym and to work hard while I am there. Here are a few pins that have motivated me:
haha  4%

Inspirational fitness quote Quote worthy. 

 Fitspiration quote  Great quote. #running #inspiration

The one that I think about the most:

truth.


I know that motivation comes from within but hopefully these motivation tips might jump start that motivation within! What motivates you??
LOVE, sje





1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this post!!!!!! I'm gonna link it to one I'm writing. Awesome!!!!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

Did you fall in love with this too? Let me know!