01 09 10

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

I LOVE "See You Again"

As I mentioned on Friday, I LOVE Carrie Underwood's new album, "Blown Away" and it is currently playing on repeat. If you're anything like me, you will listen to a song for the first time and decide if you like it or not; if you like it, you'll listen to it continuously until you know every word. As her album was playing this morning, I fell in LOVE with the song "See You Again". I don't know the writer's inspiration for the song and I know it isn't considered a Christian song but it reminded me that I will see my Christian friends and family again after they have passed away. That may be far off from what the writer intended but it was definitely an encouragement to me this morning and hopefully will encourage you in some way as well.




"See You Again"


Said goodbye, turned around
And you were gone, gone, gone
Faded into the setting sun,
Slipped away
But I won’t cry
Cause I know I’ll never be lonely
For you are the stars to me,
You are the light I follow

[Chorus:]
I’ll See you again, oh
This is not where it ends
I will carry you with me, oh
Till I see you again

I can hear those echoes in the wind at night
Calling me back in time
Back to you
In a place far away
Where the water meets the sky
The thought of it makes me smile
You are my tomorrow

[Chorus:]
I’ll See you again, oh
This is not where it ends
I will carry you with me, oh
Till I see you again

[Bridge:]
Sometimes I feel my heart is breaking
But I stay strong and I hold on cause I know
I’ll see you again, oh
This is not where it ends
I will carry you with me, yeah yeah

[Outro:]
I’ll See you again, oh
This is not where it ends
I will carry you with me, oh
Till I see you again
Till I see you again,
Till I see you again,
Said goodbye turned around
And you were gone, gone, gone.


LOVE, sje

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you fall in love with this too? Let me know!