01 09 10

Thursday, May 31, 2012

I LOVE the Spoleto Festival USA

The Spoleto Festival USA is a performing arts festival held in Charleston for a little over two weeks. Spoleto Festival USA explains exactly what they do below:
For 17 days and nights each spring, Spoleto Festival USA fills Charleston, South Carolina’s historic theaters, churches and outdoor spaces with performances by renowned artists as well as emerging performers in opera, theater, dance, and chamber, symphonic, choral and jazz music. Now approaching its 36th season, Spoleto Festival USA is internationally recognized as America’s premier performing arts festival.
Tonight, some of my girlfriends and I are going to a concert by Joy Kills Sorrow, a bluegrass band from Boston. Yep, that is not a typo. They are a bluegrass band from Boston. Seriously?? I didn't know that bluegrass was a popular genre for people who are from Boston. Even though I've never heard of them before and have no idea what Boston bluegrass sounds like, I LOVE live music so it is sure to be a good time. If you are in Charleston, come out to The Cistern at 9pm to support Spoleto and Joy Kills Sorrow!

joykillssorrow-117-1.jpg

No worries - I'll be sure to give my review in tomorrow's Friday Five!

Britney, Stephanie, Susannah, Jennifer & Helen - I'm excited for our girls night out!! See you tonight :)

LOVE, sje

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you fall in love with this too? Let me know!