01 09 10

Thursday, June 14, 2012

I LOVE Chocolate Toffee Caramel Bars

I was first introduced to this delicious dessert by my Aunt Angie when I lived with her in Virginia. I instantly fell in LOVE with it. When Michael would come to visit, we made sure to have it ready for him as he walked in the door because he LOVED it that much. Trust me - if you make this dessert for your family and friends - they will LOVE you for it.

Chocolate Toffee Caramel Bars
1 pkg Pillsbury Butter Recipe Yellow Cake mix
1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
2 eggs
1 12oz pkg Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
1 cup White Chocolate Chips
1 pkg Heath Bar bits
1/2 cup Margarine or Butter (1 stick)
32 Individually Wrapped Caramels
1 14oz can Sweetened Condensed Milk

                      .....I said it was delicious (I never said anything about it being healthy!)


Heat oven to 350. Grease 9x13 pan.

In large bowl, combine cake mix, oil and eggs. Blend well then stir in chocolate chips, white chocolate chips and heath bar bits. This mixture will be very thick.


Press half of mixture into bottom of greased 9x13 pan to make crust. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.



Combine butter, caramels and sweetened condensed milk in a saucepan over med-low heat. Heat until caramels are melted, stirring frequently. Continue to heat until smooth. Keep an eye on it because the caramel will burn if it isn't stirred frequently.


Pour this mixture over baked crust.



With your hands, spread out the remaining dough mixture evenly on top of the caramel mixture.


Baked 25-30 minutes until top is set and edges are golden brown. Cool 20 minutes and run knife around edges of pan.


Cool another 40 minutes and cut into small squares.



Enjoy!


...You can thank me later.
LOVE, sje

2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS!!!! YUMMY!!!! I might have to splurge and make this one!!!!!!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely worth the splurge! In the past I have split the recipe into two smaller dishes and given one away so I didn't have the entire thing in the house to tempt me!

    ReplyDelete

Did you fall in love with this too? Let me know!