01 09 10

Friday, July 6, 2012

I LOVE Flashback Friday

It's somewhat strange to be writing the Flashback Friday today because it feels like Tuesday. I LOVED having Wednesday off but it messed up my mindset on what day it is. Although, I am so glad it is Friday!

Today's flashback is...


Zoobilee Zoo! 




I don't know about y'all but I LOVED me some Zoobilee Zoo when I was younger. I can remember sitting in our basement watching this show and singing along to every song. This show is the reason I know the song, "Peanuuuuut, Peanut Butter....and Jelly!" Don't lieI know you just sang that. I have to admit that I am surprised I liked this show because I used to be deathly afraid of anything in costume. I guess since they were on TV I was okay with the costumes.


If you can't remember what I am talking about then watch the opening song:


Now do you remember??
Is it sad that I could still kind of sing along??

Some facts about Zoobilee Zoo:

Wikipedia describes Zoobilee Zoo as: 

An Emmy Award-winning children's television program featuring costumed performers dressed as animal characters.
Generally the plot of each episode consists of the main characters, called Zoobles, encountering difficulties usually common to young children (though some adults can relate to them) and then learning a moral lesson about dealing with such problems, such as being apprehensive of going to a doctor or learning to appreciate others. Each character has a certain gimmick in his behavior or interests that gives him a unique view on each problem faced. (Examples: Bravo Fox is a showman and encourages the talents of acting, Talkatoo Cockatoo enjoys reading, writing and speech, Van Go Lion enjoys art, Whazzat Kangaroo encourages kids to enjoy music and dance, Lookout Bear enjoys adventuring and travel, and Bill Der Beaver likes to invent and fix stuff.) Mayor Ben, who usually appears at the beginnings and ends of each episode, calls the fans and viewers of the show Zoobaroos.
First episode: September 22, 1986
Final episode: March 27, 1987 
Even though the show only ran new episodes for 6 months the station continued to show re-runs until 1991. That makes sense because the basement I remember watching it in was at my first house in Greensboro which we moved to in 1990. I would have been 5-6 years old at that time and fully capable of singing along and LOVING a TV show. I think we need more children's television shows like Zoobilee Zoo. If it is on DVD when we decide to have children, I may buy them!

Have a great weekend, friends!
LOVE, sje

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, how funny! I had totally forgotten about this but Scott and I definitely watched this a ton. hahaha Thanks for the flashback :)

    ReplyDelete

Did you fall in love with this too? Let me know!