01 09 10

Friday, August 3, 2012

I LOVE Flashback Friday

Friday has come again - whoo hoo!

*Thank you to everyone who commented on or shared my blog this week. I am extremely encouraged by your comments. It's one thing to know you are reading but I LOVE being able to interact with you as well. Please know that your comments/input are inspiring to me as I can only hope my blog is to you. To my new readers: Welcome! I hope you'll fall in LOVE with this blog and will keep coming back to read more!*


Today's Flashback is...



"I Want It That Way" by the Backstreet Boys


It was only a matter of time before I flashed back to a boy band. I'll go ahead and say that it probably won't be the last. I was absolutely one of those teenage girls who LOVED all of the boy bands: Backstreet Boys, 'N Sync, 98 degrees, LFO, and even O-Town (remember them?). I made sure to buy every one of their CD's the day they came out. I knew every word to every song and probably still do. The walls in my bedroom were covered by torn out magazine pictures. My friends and I would go see them in concert (multiple times) and I even had a few friends go to the hotel they were staying at to catch a glimpse of them as they walked in. Oh, the life of a teenage girl! 




Here's a little background info (from Wikipedia) on the Backstreet Boys:
The Backstreet Boys are an American vocal group, formed in Orlando, Florida in 1993. The group consists of A. J. McLean, Howie Dorough, Brian Littrell, Nick Carter, and Kevin Richardson. They rose to fame with their debut international album, Backstreet Boys (1996). In the following year, they released their second international album, Backstreet's Back (1997) and their debut album in the United States which continued the group's success worldwide. They rose to superstardom with their album Millennium (1999) and its follow-up album, Black & Blue (2000).
After a two-year hiatus, they regrouped and released a comeback album Never Gone (2005). Richardson left the group in 2006, several months after the conclusion of Never Gone Tour to pursue other interests. The group then recorded and released two albums as a four-piece: Unbreakable (2007) and This Is Us (2009).
In April 2012, the group announced that Richardson had rejoined them permanently, and in July 2012, all five members of the Backstreet Boys lived together in London while working on their next studio album. The group will also be making their very first performance as a five-piece on August 31, 2012 in Central Park, New York, as part of Good Morning America's Summer Concert Series.
The Backstreet Boys have sold over 130 million records worldwide, making them the best-selling boy band of all time, and one of the world's best-selling music artists. According to Billboard, they are the first group since Sade to have their first seven albums reach the top 10 on the Billboard 200. They are also set to receive a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2013.
 Did you LOVE boy bands as much as I did??
Have a great weekend, friends!
LOVE, sje

1 comment:

  1. We SURE did love those boy bands, didn't we? haha Yes! I miss those days... haha

    ReplyDelete

Did you fall in love with this too? Let me know!