01 09 10

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

I would LOVE to never be afraid, part 2

If you missed my original "I would LOVE to never be afraid" post, click here to read it. This post will make a lot more sense after reading the original post.

God has been teaching me a lot about fear since I wrote that post. He has spoken to me through family and friends conversations, emails, and texts. He has spoken to me through my morning devotions and church services. This past Sunday, as soon as I read the title of the message I could hear God saying to me, "have you learned yet?"

Rick Bezet was our guest speaker and the title of the message was, "It's Not a Good Time To Be Afraid". I actually read it to say, "Sarah, listen up". I highly encourage you to take the time to listen to the entire message. Let the Lord speak to you through this message, I know he will.

Click here to view the entire message.

Here are the bible verses & points from Sunday's service. They were right on! 
Psalm 34:4: I prayed to the Lord and He answered and freed me from all my fears.  
2 Timothy 1:7: God hasn't given us a spirit of fear but of power, of LOVE, and of a sound mind.  
Luke 12:22-34: Then Jesus said to his disciples: “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. For life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?
 “Consider how the wild flowers grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you—you of little faith! And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it. For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them. But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well.
“Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom. Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will never fail, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. 
1. Worry places huge limits on our life.
Luke 12:25-26: Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest? 
2. Seeking God's kingdom first gives us an unintimidating view.
Luke 12:30-31: For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them. But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well. 
3. Fear cannot coexist when God is seen as a loving father.
Luke 12:32: Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom. 
4. Nothing can hinder a confident perspective.
Luke 12: 33-34: Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will never fail, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
Psalm 55:22: Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall. 


I know that fear does not come from the Lord. I know that Jesus tells us multiple times not to worry. Although, for some reason I still fear and I still worry. After writing the original post, I have prayed hard about this and have felt God cast away a lot of those petty fears and worries.

The biggest accomplishment happened last night. Michael and I went to the same movie theater we were at last time and I prayed on the way there and as soon as we sat down that I would not be afraid. I put 100% of my trust in the Lord and I hoped knew that he would take away any fear that I had. Praise the Lord because he did! I was able to enjoy the entire movie without a bit of fear. The Lord continued his work when we left the theater. Michael told me that he wanted me to drive home and without any discussion, I got in the driver's seat and drove home without being scared once. If you haven't figured it out...I don't like being in the car. I really don't like driving, especially, at night. Last week, I drove by myself in the pouring rain twice and was not scared either time. HUGE accomplishment, although, I digress...

I know that I would still be struggling with fear and worry if it wasn't for the power of God. I know that I may struggle with it again but when that time comes I'll be able to put my full confidence in the Lord and I know he will take over once again! What have you been afraid of that God has helped you overcome? I would LOVE to hear your success stories as a testimony to God's goodness and LOVE.

Mark 9:23: "...Everything is possible for one who believes."

LOVE, sje

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you fall in love with this too? Let me know!