01 09 10

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

I LOVE Napa Valley, Day 1

Napa was my favorite part of the trip. Don't get me wrong, I LOVED San Francisco but there was something special about Napa that I fell in LOVE with. Maybe it was the wine, maybe it was the slower pace, maybe both...who knows?! 

We had perfect weather. During the day it was 70 degrees and sunny. It was chilly at night but that was to be expected.

For those of you who will be visiting: When you are planning which winery's to go to and you see the price of each tasting, remember, you and one other person are allowed to share a tasting. So, if you don't want to spend lots of money (or drink to much) then find someone you don't mind drinking after and share a tasting with them. I didn't know this before we went and I was so happy to find out. Thought y'all might like to know as well! 

We drove into Napa and our first tasting reservation was at Clos Du Val Winery. This was by far my favorite winery and if you go to Napa you MUST go there. There are hundred's of wineries and I am sure they are all great but, I'm telling you, this was overall the best. Ask for Becky and tell her that Michael and Sarah from Charleston, SC sent you. She'll remember us. I promise. We went on Valentine's Day so I felt it was appropriate to surprise Michael with their "Romance Package." If you go with your hunny, spend the extra money and choose the "Romance Package." Michael told me it was one of his favorite surprises from me! You get your own table, seated in the winery, with your own private tasting. A cheese and cracker plate, chocolates (filled with red wine) and red roses are included. If you go with a group of friends, do the tasting then play bocce ball (available upon request). We ran out of time so we weren't able to play bocce ball but we would have stayed there all day if we didn't have to go to another reservation. We even debated on going back the next day. It's THAT good. 

The red table is where we sat for the tasting.





Our next stop was Silenus Vintners. The Inn where we stayed in Napa gave us this tasting for free. Without their recommendation we probably wouldn't have gone there but I am glad we did. The wine was really good and the staff was friendly and inviting. 





Next, we checked into the Chablis Inn. We found a Groupon deal for the Chablis Inn, did some research, and decided to stay there. I am so glad we did. It is about 10 minutes from downtown Napa and off of the main highway. The rooms were large and clean. The bed was very comfortable. Most importantly, it was in a safe area. There was a Starbucks right across the street that we went to each morning. I am pretty sure the rates are inexpensive even if you don't have a Groupon deal. I definitely recommend the Chablis Inn!


For our Valentine's day dinner, we went to Mustard's Grill. Words can not express how much I LOVED Mustard's Grill. This is another MUST. When you are in Napa you MUST go to Mustard's Grill (make your reservation early). If you eat macaroni & cheese, you MUST order a side of macaroni & cheese. Seriously, y'all. We ordered the mac & cheese as an appetizer and LOVED it so much that we each got it as our side too. I'm not kidding, I don't care how many calories are in this dish, I could/would eat it for every meal if I could. I woke up the next morning thinking about that mac & cheese. I really wish I would have taken a picture of it. You are missing out if you don't go to Mustard's Grill!




This was the best Valentine's day that I've ever had!
LOVE, sje 

10 comments:

  1. omg, I'm SO jealous! I'm a big wino and I can only dream that one day I'll go to napa!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you ever get the chance to go...go! It is wonderful!

      Delete
  2. That all looks/sounds so amazing! I am super jealous. Did you say chocolates FILLED with red wine?!?! I need that. I want to go try that mac and cheese right now!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! Chocolates FILLED with red wine...absolutely delicious! We were going to buy a second box and Becky ended up giving them to us for free. They were fabulous :)

      Delete
  3. How wonderful! This sounds like such a romantic place, Napa has been on my list of favorite places to visit, I'll definitely bookmark your recommendations! Thanks for sharing :)

    juliefromchicago.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you are able to go there one day - it is romantic :)

      Delete
  4. We have reservations for Mustard's Grill for when we go too! I've heard so many amazing things about it. Mac & cheese will 100% be ordered!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you had a great time. I think Dad should take me now!

    ReplyDelete

Did you fall in love with this too? Let me know!