01 09 10

Monday, March 18, 2013

March 18, 2012

I don't normally write posts without LOVE in the title, although, if I did that today I'd be lying. On this day last year my good friend, Joshua, went home to be with the Lord. It was the hardest, most painful day of my life. The Lord used Joshua to further his kingdom and there has been a lot of good throughout this past year, although, it doesn't make today any easier. His wife (Liz) and 2 children (Hannah & George) are like family to me and I know today will be tougher than the rest. Please say an extra prayer for his entire family as they are reminded of that terrible day.

Liz started a blog in December so she could write down the events of that day and future days to come. If you want to read about it, click here. There are 3 posts so start from the beginning. 

Two of the worship leaders at our church, Martin Chalk and Brandon Lake, wrote a song inspired by this tragedy. In this video they discuss their inspiration: 


This song means so much to me. Not only because I know the people who inspired the song but also because the words are 100% true. No matter what mountain we're facing, God is with us. They played this song for the first time at one of the first Wednesday services. The lyrics are shown on the video. Click here for the full version of the song. I pray that it encourages you, as well. 

Michael and I got married in front of the Morris Island Lighthouse. As our wedding gift, Joshua painted that special spot. This painting is an absolute treasure. 


Miss you everyday, friend!


1 John 2:25 "And this is the promise that He has promised us - eternal life." 

LOVE, sje



2 comments:

  1. So sorry about your friend, Sarah :( Saying an extra prayer for your friends today. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I am so sorry to hear about that. I remember hearing about that crash last year. I lost a close friend about a year and a half ago, also very unexpectedly. It's the worst, but we have to remember God's plans are greater than we can imagine and he won't put us through anything we can't handle. Praying for you today.

    ReplyDelete

Did you fall in love with this too? Let me know!