01 09 10

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

I LOVE Raising the Barre

I've heard a lot about barre classes and wanted to try them for a while. I found out there was a class in the building right beside my work that begins at 5:30pm on Monday & Wednesday so I figured I had no excuse not to try it out.

Last night was my first workout class at Raising the Barre. Their Facebook page describes their method as:

This workout combines the best of pilates, resistance training and ballet to tone, strengthen and shape your body. With a strong focus on posture, a barre workout is designed to increase flexibility and produce long lean muscles. A tighter seat, flatter abs, thinner thighs, sculpted arms and a strong core................This is Raising the Barre! 

Let me tell you...it was tough! I've heard this before but figured I exercised enough that it wouldn't be too bad. Ha, yeah right. My muscles were shaking after 5 minutes and continued to shake the entire class. I was surprised at how little you use the barre. I had the image of reliving my ballet class from when I was young. Nope...hardly any ballet moves were used. It was more like a very intense pilates class. I assume they change routine's every now and then so maybe the ballet moves will come later on. Overall, I got what I came for - a good, hard workout. After the class was over, I instantly fell in LOVE. Notice I said after the class was over. I left the workout feeling strong and energized. Now, I can honestly say, I'm excited to go back on Wednesday!

Have you tried a barre class? What did you think about it?
LOVE, sje

1 comment:

  1. I've tried Barre and it's tough! I didn't exactly fall in love with it like you did, but who knows, maybe I'll give it another try in the future.

    ReplyDelete

Did you fall in love with this too? Let me know!