01 09 10

Thursday, May 30, 2013

I LOVE Audio Books

I spent Memorial Day weekend with my family in Florida. Michael had a bachelor party to attend the same weekend so I was making the 6 hour drive by myself. Most of you know that I am not comfortable in the car, much less driving. I knew I needed something other than music to pass the time quickly. I'd heard about audio books but never considered one until this trip. I figured I would buy a Nicholas Sparks book because it would most definitely keep my attention. Y'all know my LOVE for Nicholas Sparks!

I went to the store and found an audio book of The Guardian by Nicholas Sparks. I haven't read it before and it was 12 hours long which was perfect because I could listen to it on the way to and from Florida. I bought the audio book and went on my way.


Immediately, I put it in my CD changer and headed to Florida. I was shocked at how quickly the time flew by. Since my mind was on the book and the road, I didn't have time to think about everything that could go wrong on my drive. It was wonderful! I highly recommend audio books for long drives. I foresee my bookshelf including many more audio books in the future!

Have you ever listened to an audio book? Did you LOVE it like I did?

LOVE, sje

ps: The Guardian by Nicholas Sparks is fantastic!

1 comment:

  1. I thought about doing the same thing when I drove to FL by myself last month, but the audio books seemed so expensive! I should probably check out the library next time and get one for free :)

    ReplyDelete

Did you fall in love with this too? Let me know!