01 09 10

Thursday, May 2, 2013

I LOVE the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer

Me, Maggy, and Ashley

Remember in 2011 when I told y'all about my friend, Maggy, walking in the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer? Well, friends...she's walking again.

To find out more about the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer, click here.

In her own words, this is why she's walking:

I hate this walk! Don't get me wrong I love the staff (who I am proud to have been a part of for nearly 3 years), the event itself (which I have worked and walked), and all of the funds that are raised through the event and granted to locally based beneficiaries. But I hate the fact that events like this exist. 
Breast Cancer is the worst. I remember in my youth hearing about family friends who received this awful diagnosis. Up until this point those that I have known have fought hard and won that hard fought battle. But this year my luck ran out. On the evening of Monday, April 22nd, Nancy Edmonson lost her battle but did not lose her fight. Nancy was an incredible woman. She was a loving and devoted wife, the BEST mom my friend Lauren could have ever asked for and a friend to so many. To me Nancy was a home away from home while I studied at East Carolina University. Nancy was our DD on many occasions, never complaining, always preferring we wake her up than risk injury. 
Lauren and Nancy's relationship echoed the relationship that my mother and I have and I could not imagine the grief that Lauren is facing in the wake of Nancy's passing. In honor of Nancy's life I have decided that each year I will do something to hopefully put an end to breast cancer, ONE AND FOR ALL. I hate this disease and I hate this walk. 
You can make a donation right here on the website by clicking the "Donate Now" button on this page. If you prefer to write a check, please contact me, and I'll send you the information and form. Maggy

As she mentioned, all of the funds are granted to locally based beneficiaries. If you're able, please DONATE on Maggy's behalf. She (and I) will greatly appreciate it!

Again, here is the link to DONATE.

Thanks in advance for your support!
LOVE, sje

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you fall in love with this too? Let me know!