01 09 10

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Dry Shampoo

Dry shampoo is a wonderful thing. We all know it is best for your hair if you don't wash it every day but sometimes that is really hard to do. My hair is thin so it gets greasy really easily. I used to think that I couldn't go a day without washing my hair without it looking like I just rubbed grease into it. The first day that I tried dry shampoo, I fell in love with it.

The most difficult part of the dry shampoo process is figuring out which brand to buy. The best way to find out which one is the best is to try them out but that gets tiring and expensive. To make it easier for y'all, I tried out 3 brands this week to show you how they worked on my hair and to let you know which one I liked best. I even took before and after selfies (and most of y'all know how much I dislike selfies). You're welcome.

Here are the products I used:


I did the exact same thing to my hair all 3 days. I showered the day before and let my hair air dry before going to bed (which is why my hair is never styled in the pictures). When using the dry shampoo, I sprayed it on the middle of my scalp on the right, left and back side of my head. Then I sprayed it on top of my middle part and rubbed the dry shampoo into my scalp with my fingers. 

1. Garnier Fructis Volume Extend Dry Shampoo
I genuinely love this dry shampoo. I love all Garnier products so this was the first dry shampoo I tired. It does spray white so I really have to rub this in to make sure it doesn't show on my brown hair. Although, it doesn't leave any white flakes after it's rubbed in - - huge plus to this product. It feels really lightweight but gives great volume. It also smells wonderful. For only $6, I will buy this product again.

Before:                                                              After:
 

2. TRESemme Fresh Start Volumizing Dry Shampoo
This was my least favorite dry shampoo. I really wanted to like it because I know people who love it but I just didn't. It smells okay but not great. I didn't notice a big change in the volume of my hair and it left white flakes that kept showing up throughout the day. Annoying. I won't buy this product again.

Before:                                                                   After:
 

3. Big Sexy Hair Volumizing Dry Shampoo
This is the most expensive dry shampoo ($18) but oh so worth it. It gave me the best volume out of the 3 products. It also made my natural waves really stand out. It doesn't spray white at all so white flakes are not an issue. You can feel it at your roots when you run your fingers through it but I'll take that over other people seeing it on my hair. I'll buy this again but not as often as the Garnier because of the price.

Before:                                                                After:


All of the products took the greasy look out of my hair and made it look fresh (besides the TRESemme leaving white flakes).

I hope this helped you narrow down your dry shampoo options. If there is a dry shampoo that you can't live without, please let me know! I'm always up for trying new products....always.

Love, sje


No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you fall in love with this too? Let me know!