01 09 10

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Tangy Chicken

Chicken, roasted broccoli and quinoa is my go-to week night dinner. There are so many different ways to prepare chicken that are quick and easy. I found this recipe on allrecipes.com, although, changed it a little. It's originally called "Unbelievable Chicken" but it tasted more tangy than unbelievable so I changed the name of my version. Don't get me wrong, it is definitely tasty but I don't think I would go as far as saying it is unbelievable.

This is a clean eating recipe that will take you 45 minutes to prepare and cook. My husband and I both loved the meal and it made enough for us to eat the leftovers for dinner tonight.


Tangy Chicken
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
Cook Time: 35-40 minutes

Ingredients:
1/4 cup cider vinegar
3 tablespoons prepared coarse-ground mustard
3 cloves minced garlic
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 cup brown sugar
salt to taste
ground black pepper to taste
6 tablespoons olive oil
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

Directions:
1. In a large bowl, mix the cider vinegar, mustard, garlic, lime juice, lemon juice, brown sugar, salt, and pepper. Whisk in the olive oil. Place chicken in the mixture and cover.
*If possible, marinate all day or overnight. I marinated mine for 3 hours.

2. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place chicken and mixture in a glass baking dish (I used 8x8 only because my 9x13 was dirty. I liked the 8x8 because the mixture covered the chicken completely. Either size will be fine).

3. Cook for 35-40 minutes turning the chicken over 1/2 way through cooking.

Enjoy!

xo sje

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you fall in love with this too? Let me know!