01 09 10

Friday, September 26, 2014

Liquid Foundation

The long awaited post is finally here! A couple of weeks ago, I asked y'all what your favorite foundation is. Y'all gave some great suggestions, many, I have never heard of and now want to try. I absolutely love Bare Minerals MATTE Foundation but wanted to change it up a little bit and try a liquid. I bought four different foundations, in different price ranges, to see how they worked. Here's what I found:



1. Maybelline Fit Me! (4 out of 5 stars)
I've never used Maybelline foundation before but the marketing of this product made me want to try it. This was the first foundation I tried and I really liked it. It applied heavier than the other three but it looked great on. The color (I bought 235) is more "pinkish" and it blended with my skin perfectly. I foresee myself wearing this foundation when I am dressing up or when I know there will be lots of pictures taken. It gives great coverage and is only $8!

2. Cover Girl truBlend (5 out of 5 stars)
The pump on this foundation makes the application process so easy. It is extremely lightweight and one pump of foundation gives you plenty of product to cover your entire face. This product is more yellow (I bought warm beige 445) than the Maybelline but still blended nicely on my skin. This has become my everyday foundation since it is so easy to apply. At only $10, I will buy this product again.

3. bareMinerals BARESKIN (3 out of 5 stars)
With my love of  Bare Minerals, I wanted to love this foundation. I bought the special brush to go with it and every time I use it, I just don't love it. I think I bought the wrong color (I bought Bare Nude 09), although, this is the color they recommended in comparison to the mineral foundation that I use. It has a lot of yellow tone to it. It is very lightweight but requires a few layers to cover my entire face. Maybe it'll work better once I lose my summer tan...we'll see. With a $29 price tag, I think I'll stick to my mineral foundation.

4. Arbonne CC Cream (3 out of 5 stars)
I received this product as a hostess gift for holding an Arbonne party for one of my friends. I ordered the medium color since it was during the summer and I figured that would match my skin best since I am more tan during the summer months. It was actually too dark. I didn't wear it much because of the color. It applies lightweight but doesn't provide much coverage, although, it is a CC cream so it does exactly as it is supposed to. After I bought the BARESKIN foundation (which was too light) I started mixing the two and that created a fabulous foundation. I'll wear this combo when I'm having a laid back night with friends. If you prefer a CC cream over foundation, this is a great choice. It's $40 but is created with all natural products and is good for your skin. If you would like to try this product or anything from Arbonne, let me know and I'll connect you to my friend Allison who will be able to answer all of your questions.

I hope this narrowed down your foundation search!
Love, sje

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you fall in love with this too? Let me know!