01 09 10

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Product Review: Mascaras

Many of you liked my post on dry shampoo so I decided to test out some popular mascaras. I usually wear Covergirl LashBlast Volume but when it ran out I decided to try something new. "Trying something new" led to buying and trying out 4 different types of mascara. All for my readers, of course :)

In the pictures below, I did my eye makeup exactly the same way to show the true difference between each of the mascaras. We all know the models wear fake lashes when showing off these products so I wanted to test it out on real lashes. I was pretty surprised at how different these mascaras are!


1. Maybelline Mega Plush Volum' Express $7.49 (4 stars out of 5)
This product works well. It is lightweight on my lashes and enhances the volume. Nothing dramatic but I can tell a bit of a difference. It has a flexible wand which was really difficult to get used to. In fact, I almost gave this mascara away because I didn't like using the flexible wand. Luckily I didn't because I use this mascara a lot during the week when nothing special is going on. If you choose this one, give the wand some time to get used to. Now, it doesn't bother me at all.





2. benefit They're Real! $23 (5 stars out of 5)
This mascara immediately became my all time favorite. I absolutely love it. The wand has a round tip to make it easier to apply mascara to inner and outer lashes. It is light weight and adds fabulous volume and length. I get the most compliments on my lashes when I am wearing this mascara. It's a little pricey but totally worth the extra money. I save this mascara for nights out and special events so it'll last longer and I don't "waste" it on a day when I am sitting in the office by myself.  





3. e.l.f. Lengthening and Defining $1.00 (2 stars out of 5)
For only $1, this is a great mascara. It's your basic wand with a basic formula. I don't think it lengthened or defined my lashes but it does apply easily and it is lightweight on my lashes. Even though it's only a dollar, I won't buy this again.  





4. Bare Mineral Lash Domination $18.00 (4 stars out of 5)
I love Bare Mineral makeup and skincare products. I ordered foundation online and received a free sample of this mascara. I really disliked Bare Mineral's previous mascara so I was hesitant to try this version, although, I was pleasantly surprised! The brush spikes are on the wand diagonally instead of all over which help separate your lashes and spread the mascara evenly. I could tell that this mascara helped lengthen my lashes. I don't know if I'll ever buy it again but I am really enjoying the sample! 





What's your favorite mascara? 
Love, sje



No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you fall in love with this too? Let me know!